Specifics: Saturday, July 2, 2022 @ 3:00p.m. – Castroville Regional Park
Doubles Play Only – Team A competes against Team B; each team is comprised of two people.
The ball is “in” when it touches the sand of the playing court including the boundary lines.
A ball is “out” when:
– the part of the ball which contacts the sand is completely outside the boundary lines.
– it travels into the playing area of an adjacent court.
– it touches an object, enclosure, or tree outside the court or a person out of play.
– it touches the rope, post, or net outside of the antenna or the antenna itself.
– it crosses the vertical plane of the net either partially or totally outside of the antenna.
– it crosses completely the lower space under the net.
– it touches an object, enclosure, or tree above the team’s playing area and crosses the plane of the net into the opponent’s court.
– it touches an object, enclosure, or tree above the opponent’s playing area after crossing the plane of the net.
Matches are best of three. Teams will switch serve and side after the first set. Except for playoff matches, all three sets will be played even if the first two sets are won by the same team.
A set, with the exception of the deciding third set, is won by the team which first scores 21 points with a minimum lead of two points or the team which first scores 25 points.
In the case of a 1-1 tie, the deciding third set is won by the team which first scores 15 points with a minimum lead of two points or the team which first scores 17 points.
Each team is entitled to a single thirty-second time-out per set. Time-outs do not carry over.
The team is entitled to a maximum of three hits for returning the ball.
A player may not hit the ball two times consecutively.
The ball may touch any part of the body.
The ball must be hit, not caught and/or thrown.
Check-in begins at 2:00pm